Explore the QuickBooks payments API
The QuickBooks Payments API can be used to process payments, refund charges, and manage credit cards and bank accounts. The topics in this section describe some of the basic tools and concepts to help you work with the API. Payments in general contains several main sections:
- Charges: Allows your app to send and receive payments using credit cards as well as process refunds.
- Tokens: An opaque container that encapsulates a cardholder’s credit card information or bank account information.
- Bank accounts: Allows your app to process payments using bank accounts.
- Cards: Allows your app to store and maintain credit card information for future payments.
- EChecks: Allows your app to process payments using electronic checks.
Using the Payments API
We provide a number of tools to help you navigate and utilize the Payments API.
- Be sure you review our API Explorer page to see how to make a basic API call and start getting a feel for the endpoints provided.
- When you’re comfortable with that, read up on how to use our Postman integrations, which bundle a series of calls together to help you streamline the process even more.
- If you run into any trouble, look into our Error codes page; it provides critical tools in helping you debug any issues.