This page details the steps to setup API Explorer, a demo tool that will assist you in testing our APIs without building a client application. If you've already setup your application, you can directly go to API explorer site.
Click here to view/hide the prerequisites
- Become an Intuit Developer
This is a very simple process that can be completed in just a few seconds. If you are already registered as an Intuit Developer, please login to the Intuit developer portal and proceed to Step 2.
- Create an X.509 Certificate (Java, OpenSSL, .NET)
Please ensure you have a self-signed public certificate(.crt or .cer) file and a key-store package (.pfx or .p12) file before proceeding to the next step. In addition, please remember the location of your certificate/key-store files, application alias, and the passwords you will be using during this process.
- Create a Financial Data application.
- Go to https://developer.intuit.com/AggCat/Create - If the page asks you to complete your profile, please do that now.
- Add your App Name. (Example: My API Explorer App.)
- Click upload a file to upload your X.509 public certificate. - This will be the .crt or .cer file that you've created via "Create an X.509 Certificate" prerequisite.
- Click yes/no for the options depending on your application needs.
- Click Continue.
- Click Confirm.
Your authorization key, token, and secret are now in the Unique OAuth Key and SAML ID section.
During the testing phase, you will have a limited (throttled) number of test customers and accounts that are eligible for acquiring data (maximum of 20 customers, and 10 associated financial accounts). If you have a business need to test more than this, please submit a support ticket with your specific request. In the development access environment, batch files are not available.
Use the API Explorer to Make API Calls
- Go to the API explorer site.
- Click Financial Data.
- Choose the app name you entered at step 2.2 from the Select App Integration dropdown.
- Enter the End User ID (your application's unique id for your customer - Please remember this id).
- Enter the Password you created during "Create an X.509 Certificate" prerequisite.
- Click Upload a file to navigate to your .pfx or .p12 file. An attempt to upload without a password(Step 5) will return an error.
- Click Submit.
- Now you are authenticated.
- Click getInstitutions.
- Click Read.
- Click Try it!
This request pulls down thousands of financial institutions so it will take few minutes to return
Congratulations, you have successfully made your first API call!
Got Questions? Get Answers in our developer forums.