Legacy API. Use the QBMS Payments API to work with Hosted PayPage, or if you need to implement recurring billing soon.
For eCommerce and other payment integrations, use our widely adopted Payments API.
A connection ticket is what links a merchant account to an application. It gives the application permission to process transactions on behalf of the merchant. These steps are for applications using the desktop model. Applications using the hosted model, should consult Hosted Security Model for more information.
You will need:
- AppID - the application id you received when registering your application.
- Merchant Account Login - provided when you created a test account.
- Merchant Account Password - provided when you created a test account
- Navigate to https://merchantaccount.ptc.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=YourAppID&sessionEnabled=false where APPID is replaced with your numerical application id. For example, if the AppID were 123456789, the URL would be https://merchantaccount.ptc.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=123456789&sessionEnabled=false. Note: this url is specific to the PTC test environment. An equivalent url in production omits ".ptc" in the url and uses the application id of an application registered as "Production".
- Enter your merchant account login and password and click "Log In."
- A screen will appear that displays a connection ticket. You will need to copy this connection ticket and store it in a secure place. It will be used when your application sends transaction requests on behalf of the merchant.