List on QuickBooks app store
The average small business uses multiple apps to stay up-and-running each day. Your app can be the one that stands out because it works so well with the fundamental solutions from Intuit that millions of businesses rely on most.
Publish with Intuit and businesses can find your app within the QuickBooks Online Apps tab and on QuickBooks app store where they go to shop for compatible solutions. Why you should list on QuickBooks app store.
Reach businesses around the globe
We can help you win customers in many countries. You can set up your app and marketing to target customers in several different regions. How to go global.
Prepare to publish on QuickBooks app store
- Make sure your app meets all the technical and security requirements.
- Prepare for the app card review (your marketing team can start this while your developers test and meet requirements)
- Complete your app card(s).
- Submit your app for review.
If you want to publish your app in multiple countries, you'll do a separate submission and review for each country. Details on going global.
- Collaborate with us on:
- Technical review. This portion of the review checks for proper connectivity to QuickBooks Online and other best practices. To meet these requirements, your app must use the Accounting domain of the QuickBooks API.
- Security review. You get a free professional security audit to help ensure your app won’t get you into trouble or compromise customer data. We’ll check your app for issues and help you plug any holes. Each year after you publish, your app gets a follow-up free security review.
- App card review. We’re here to help you promote and market your app. Our marketing team will review your content and help you craft your message so readers understand how your app could help them.
- Prepare your website and marketing collateral.
- Prepare your sales and support staff to engage with QuickBooks Apps.com prospects.
Ready to publish?
Go to My Apps and select the app you wish to publish.
If your app operates in one or more of the following industries, Intuit will perform a review of the business to ensure that the app is compliant to operate in that industry:
- Payments / Money Movement
- Healthcare / Medical
- Financial services / Financial Education
- Legal Services
Your app is live! Next steps
Now that your app is live, there are several things you can do to ensure its success. Most notably, be sure to keep your app compliant with the technical and security review processes listed above. All published apps must go through annual checkups conducted on the anniversary of publication to verify that they continue to meet Intuit's technical and security requirements.
Promote your published app
After your app goes live, you must make sure it remains compliant with all Technical, Security, and Marketing requirements listed for the publishing process. Your app will be checked against security and technical requirements annually. The sections below give details about how to comply with these tests, and consequences of non-compliance or failure.
Maintain your contact information
Please maintain and monitor the email address that you provide as a contact for your app. To update your contact information:
- Go to https://accounts.intuit.com/account-manager.html .
- Login with your current credentials.
- If you have never verified your email address with Intuit, you will be prompted to do so.
- Change both the "User ID" and "Email address" to the new desired email address. We highly recommend keeping these fields in sync. The "User ID" is used to login to our systems and the "Email address" is used to communicate with you.
Annual technical review
Refer to technical requirements for details regarding the test cases for each category below.
- Significant degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this issue within 14 days or your app will be removed
Example test cases: 1.1, 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
- No degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this issue within 30 days
Example test cases: 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
- Minor UI issue: You must resolve this issue within 30 days
Example test cases: 1.3, 1.4
Annual security review
This section summarizes the communications you can expect from Intuit and from Intuit's security review vendor, starting at eleven months after your app goes live on Apps.com.
- Eleven months after your app passes security review, Intuit will send you an email alerting you to expect an email from our security review vendor.
- Twelve months after your app passes security review, our security review vendor will send you an email requesting that you work with them to perform the security review. You will need to give the vendor the information that enables them to test your app.
- If you don't respond to the email from the vendor within 30 days, the vendor will send you an additional reminder.
- If you don't respond to the vendor's additional reminder within 14 days, Intuit will send you a notice that if you do not respond within an additional 14 days, your app will be taken down.