This section contains guides to help you integrate your app with the QuickBooks Online Accounting API. In addition to these guides, consult the Accounting API reference for the details about API requests and responses.
Before starting your integration, learn how to work with the QuickBooks Online resource model in the App integration overview.
Take a deeper dive into the QuickBooks Online Accounting API:
- Create an invoice—learn the basics of creating an invoice with the QuickBooks Online API and discover how the invoice object relates to the QuickBooks Online user interface.
- Manage linked transactions—learn how to associate related transactions via the linked transaction mechanism.
- Create custom fields—add custom, specific-to-your-business fields to existing QuickBooks Accounting API transaction objects.
- Attach images and notes—learn how to upload and link files, images, and notes to your transaction or item objects.
- Manage multiple currencies—learn how the QuickBooks Online API uses single and multiple currencies in transactions.
- Manage sales tax for non-US locales—learn how the QuickBooks Online global tax model manages your sales and purchase taxes for non-US locales.
- Manage sales tax for US locales—learn how the QuickBooks Online global tax model manages your sales taxes for US locales.
- Manage business units—learn how to organize transactions by business units such as properties, stores, sales regions, territories, and so on.
- Categorize income and expenses—organize by business segments such as landscaping, maintenance, design, overhead, and so on.
- Track inventory—organize the items you buy and sell.
- Run reports—gain insight into using the Reports API to query a financial report.