QuickBooks Online Accounting API Release Notes
For earlier versions of QuickBooks API V3 Data Services not covered here, see Archives.
QuickBooks Accounting API XSDs
Click to see list.
|v3, minor version 8||November 22, 2016||v3 minor version 8.zip|
|v3, minor version 7||July 27, 2016||v3 minor version 7.zip|
|v3, minor version 6||February 17, 2016||v3 minor version 6.zip|
|v3, minor version 5||December 15, 2015||v3 minor version 5.zip|
|v3, minor version 4|
Phase 1—September 24, 2015
Phase 2—November 19, 2015
|v3 minor version 4.zip|
|v3, minor version 3|
Phase 1—May 29, 2015
Phase 2—August 11, 2015
Phase 3—August 27, 2015
|V3 minor version 3.zip|
|v3, minor version 2||March 27, 2015||V3 minor version 2.zip|
|v3, minor version 1||March 6, 2014||V3 minor version 1.zip|
QuickBooks Online v1702
Date: March 9, 2017
- The field, Item.FullyQualifiedName, is now filterable.
- New preferences attribute: Preferences.SalesFormsPrefs.EmailCopyToCompany. If set to true, the QuickBooks company is cc'ed on any email sent to customers for sales transactions. Company email used is specified by CompanyInfo.Email.Address. Available with minor version 8.
- New preferences attribute: Preferences.SalesFormsPrefs.UsingPriceLevels. If set to true, the QuickBooks company has price levels enabled for sales transactions.
About price levels.
- Scheduled to ship with the v1704 release, custom price rules will be available to select QuickBooks companies via the UI, only. The allows the QuickBooks company to establish custom price rules (known as price levels), rather than base pricing, to use on sales forms for any given customer or item. For companies so enabled, creating transactions with base pricing may not be what the user intends. Make sure your app is aware of how Preferences.SalesFormsPrefs.UsingPriceLevels is set so you can warn your users appropriately. Support for price levels in the QuickBooks API is not planned.
- Price Levels FAQs
- I have customers who are already using my app, how will they be affected because of this new feature?
There is no factor if your app pulls pricing data for the intent of read-only purposes. That is, it reads pricing information from the QuickBooks online company but doesn't actively write it back or set pricing in sales forms.
- I am developing a new integration with QBO, what code should I add in my app to address this new feature ?
Make sure your app is aware of how Preferences.SalesFormsPrefs.UsingPriceLevels is set in the QuickBooks Online company. For companies so enabled, make sure your users are aware that your app cannot access custom price levels.
- What happens if I don’t make this change ? Will this corrupt the user’s data?
Blindly creating sales transactions with base pricing when the QuickBooks Online company has price levels enabled may not be what the user intends and could result in sales transactions that silently have incorrect pricing.
- Resolved issues
|Reference number||Entity|| |
|QBO-34979||Item||Queries on Item.FullyQualifiedName are now supported.|
|Class||Class resource now supports soft delete (Active=false).|
QuickBooks Online v1701
Got Questions? Get Answers in our developer forums.