This instructional video series features IDN’s own AlphaGeek, Peter Vogel, in a comprehensive technical introduction to the QuickBooks SDK. QuickBooks SDK Essentials is highly recommended for new staff, prospective developers, and anyone who seeks detailed information on the use and capabilities of the QuickBooks SDK.
- Overview of the SDK
- Communicating with QuickBooks
- Rubber to the Road – Demo
- The Gory Details
- A Whirlwind Tour: SDK \ *.*
- FAQ and Resources
For those of you who prefer to follow along, you can download the video’s presentation file and example file
Total Running Time: 1:06:41
- Part 1 provides an overview of the SDK design principles, methodology and capabilities, and begins the section on Communicating with QuickBooks.
- Part 2 continues the instruction on Communicating with QuickBooks, including a demo using Visual Basic to connect QuickBooks and Microsoft Access.
- Part 3 looks at the XML behind the demo, and the gory details around QBFC and qbXML.
- Part 4 continues the deep dive into QBFC and qbXML, and provides an overview of additional SDK items for consideration. It concludes with a look at frequently asked questions and additional resources for further instruction.
Now that you gotten into the SDK with the help of the SDK Essentials videos, jumpstart your own first project by finding a sample application that you can build on.