QuickBooks Online Payments API overview
Need to accept payments?
Process credit card payments on your eCommerce website or set up online processing for your customer's site. In the same app, easily record transactions in QuickBooks Online.
The QuickBooks Online Payments API is a RESTful API that is used to access QuickBooks companies.
Common use cases
The QuickBooks Online Payments API can be used to perform a variety of tasks associated with accounting, supporting both US and selected global locales.
- Process payment transactions and record them in QuickBooks Online
- Store bank accounts and credit card details for repeated use
- Retrieve QuickBooks Online reports
- Process or refund charges
Included in each resource page is pertinent information for using that resource along with sample request and response payloads for each operation. The samples are constructed such that they can be used directly in operations sent to a sandbox account (US only) without modification.
Types of operations
- Single requests—Send a single request and process its response individually.
- Query requests—Send a query via the Intuit Developer SQL-like query language. Results are returned in one response, or paged as needed.
- Batch operations—Batch multiple operations into a single request. For example, in a single batch request an application can create a customer, update an invoice, and read an account. Compared to multiple, single requests, a single batch request can improve an application's performance by decreasing network roundtrips and increasing throughput.
How do I find out more?
- Our SDKs do the heavy lifting for you.
- Developer guide topics help you better understand implementing various use cases.
- The API Reference pages below give you details on every resource and method.
- Reach out to other developers on our live community.