Last September, we announced plans to discontinue the QuickBooks Desktop REST API. Over the past few months, we have provided guidance on how to transition your app and your customers to a QuickBooks Online solution. We want to remind you of the timeline and make sure you have all of the information you need to complete a smooth transition.
- September 2015: We will stop promoting existing QuickBooks Desktop REST API-based applications on Apps.com and via in-product information in QuickBooks for Windows.
- March 2016: We will discontinue the QuickBooks Desktop REST API (both v2 and v3), as well as the Sync Manager service.
Note: We will continue to fix critical bugs with the QuickBooks Desktop REST API service and provide Sync Manager support until that time.
Transition Tips and Support
We understand that this transition might not be simple. If you haven’t started the transition yet, we recommend the following:
- If you have not already done so, build an integration with QuickBooks Online and publish it on Apps.com.
- Encourage your existing desktop customers to migrate to QuickBooks Online. Your customers can call the QuickBooks migration hotline at (800) 488-7330 to discuss their migration options with an expert. Once migrated to QuickBooks Online, they can reconnect your application with their data.
- If you prefer to maintain and support a QuickBooks Desktop integration after March 2016, you will need to migrate your app to use the QuickBooks Desktop SDK and QuickBooks Web Connector.