QuickBooks Connect 2017
QuickBooks Connect Silicon Valley is returning to the San Jose Convention Center November 16-17, 2017. This is your chance to connect with accountants, small businesses and fellow developers all in one amazing two-day experience! Sponsorships are also still available if you want to promote your app to the ecosystem.
Early Bird Pricing will save you 50% thru August 31, 2017
Read this – Updates below may require you to take action:
- Upgrade to TLS 1.1 or higher was required by July 31, 2017. An upgrade to TLS 1.2 is required by December 31, 2017. Moving to TLS 1.2 will likely have implications to your application.
- OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect is now available for new developers. Check out this quick start to QuickBooks Online REST API with OAuth 2.0.
- Updates to the Payments API will likely require changes to your application on or before February 1, 2018
Latest and greatest from Intuit Developer:
- Get the latest features of the QuickBooks Online API using minor versions.
- Check out Part 2 of the NodeJS sample application that tackles routes for adding a customer, creating a sales receipt, and creating a payment.
- We’ve released new updates to publishing App Cards that simplify the process for you and help your customers find the apps they need to run their business.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Best practices and tips to help you develop quickly and delight your customers:
- Reviews are super important for your app’s success. Check out these tips on getting and responding to app reviews.
- Check out these best practices for clearly communcating what your app does and how it can help small businesses or accountants.
- Design for Delight! Learn how to make your app stand out in the Intuit App Store.
- Learn how batch operations can save you development time.
- This OAuth 2.0 integration tip will save you time when testing your redirect URL.
- Upcoming Friday Hangouts
- August 15: Last day to enter the $100K Small Business App Showdown
- November 11-12: Small Business Hackathon at Intuit’s Mountain View Headquarters
- November 16-17: QuickBooks Connect Silicon Valley
- December 4-6: QuickBooks Connect Toronto
Connections build community. We’re happy you’re part of ours!
- Friday Hangouts are a great way to keep up with all things Intuit Developer. Loop in and join David Leary every Friday.
- Last month we encouraged you to get out there and post and answer questions on our developer forums. Did you do it?
- Influence the Intuit Developer roadmap. Tell us about a specific feature or product enhancement and vote to get your requests in our queue!
- July 31: Upgrade to TLS 1.1 or higher must be complete.
- August 15, 2017: Last day to enter the $100K Small Business App Showdown.
- August 31, 2017: Last day to buy your Early Bird tickets to QuickBooks Connect – save 50%
- December 31, 2017: Upgrade to TLS 1.2 or higher must be complete.
- February 1, 2018: Updates to the Payments API for QuickBooks Online are live