Learn about the annual compliance review
After your app goes live, make sure it remains compliant with our basic technical, security, and marketing requirements.
We anually review all apps starting from the date they we initially approved them. Here are tips for staying compliant and preparing for the annual compliance review.
Maintain your app year-round
Keep your contact info up-to-date so we can contact you for your review To update your contact info:
- Sign in to the Intuit Account Manager.
- Select Sign in & security.
- Update your User ID and Email address as needed.
Tip: Your user ID is for signing in and managing in to your Intuit Developer Account. We’ll communicate with you using your email address.
Here are a few more tips:
- Use the QuickBooks Online Connections Report on your Intuit Developer Account to track trials and subscriptions.
- On the QuickBooks Online Connections Report, select the Subscribe button to preview the authorization flow. This mimics what users see when they select the “Get App Now” button for your app on the QuickBooks App Store.
- You can edit your app card any time to mention new features. Intuit will review changes within three business days. If they’re approved, we’ll automatically push the changes live.
Learn about the technical part of the annual review
Refer to our current technical requirements for more details about the test cases for each category.
There are three areas we look at during the annual technical review.
- Significant degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this type of issue within 14 days, or your app will be removed.
Example test cases: 1.1, 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
- No degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this type of issue within 30 days.
Example test cases: 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
- Minor UI issue: You must resolve this type of issue within 30 days.
Example test cases: 1.3, 1.4
Learn about the security part of the annual review
Refer to our current security requirements for more details.
The annual security review starts around 11 months after your app lists on the QuickBooks App Store. Here’s a basic timeline of communications you can expect from Intuit’s security review vendor:
- Approximately 11 months after your app passes security review, Intuit will send you an email. This email tells you when to expect an email from our security review vendor.
- Approximately 12 months after your app passes security review, our security review vendor will send you an email. It will request you work with them to perform the security review. You’ll need to give the vendor information that lets them to test your app.
- If you don’t respond to the email from the vendor within 30 days, the vendor will send a reminder.
- If you don’t respond to the vendor’s second reminder within 14 days, Intuit will send you a notice.
- If you don’t respond to this notice within an additional 14 days, we will remove your app from the QuickBooks App Store.