What to expect during the app review process
When you list your app on the QuickBooks App Store, it needs to pass a three-part review.
During the review, we’ll assess the quality and functionality of your app. We’ll also check to make sure it meets our branding requirements.
Your app must meet all the requirements before we can publish it on the QuickBooks App Store.
Learn about each step of the app review
The app review process has three main parts:
Ensure your app meets these requirements before you submit it for review. If an app fails any stage of the review, you’ll need to fix thise issues and resubmit to continue the process.
Typical review timeline
Here’s the general process:
- Submit your app
- App undergoes technical review
- App undergoes security review
- App undergoes marketing review
- We make a decision about your app
- If your app is approved, you can list it on the QuickBooks App Store.
We’ll communicate with you throughout the review process to provide status updates and advice for what to do next.
- We’ll send you an email to setup a call to go over the requirements within two business days of you submitting your app for review. Make sure you check the mailbox associated with your developer account. If you’re using the teams feature, the email will go to the account that created the app.
- After the phone call, our technical review team will review your app. We’ll get back to you with comments if needed.
- If any medium-priority or higher issues were found, you’ll need to resolve them and resubmit your app to continue the review process.
- When your app has passed the technical review, a 3rd-party security review team will complete a detailed security diagnosis of your app. They will send the results by email.
- Once you have remediated any required issues from the security report, you’ll need to send us an acknowledgement of that action by email.
- After we receive your acknowledgement email, the marketing review team will start their review. They will ensure all the marketing guidelines are followed for each submitted country. We’ll follow up by email if needed.
- In particular, the marketing team will assess the content of the app cards. Since the content can may different for each country, the marketing team will review each country’s app card individually.
- If your app completes the entire review, we’ll send a confirmation email asking if you’re ready to publish your app. There will be separate emails for each country you plan to list in.
- When you’re ready, select the link in the email to publish your app live on the QuickBooks App Store.
- Once approved, you can also begin your marketing campaign and announce your listing.
Expedite the review
Here are a few tips for getting approved quickly:
- Make sure your Intuit Developer Account contact info, and especially your email address, is up-to-date.
- Be responsive to emails from the review teams.
- Set up a test environment and credentials for your app so our review team can use them to do their review.
- Submit a support ticket outlining the steps we should follow to test the data flow between your app and QuickBooks.
- Link to a video which shows how to use your app
- Link to any documentation with support information
- Provide any account credentials and keys needed to install and sign in to your app (if applicable)
- Provide a step-by-step guide on how to test the app’s integration with QuickBooks
- Any special caveats or tips to help us better understand your app
Need more help? Follow this link to open a support case.
Keep your app compliant
In addition to this initial review, all apps published on the QuickBooks App Store must continue to meet these requirements.
Intuit reviews all published apps on an annual basis, or more frequently at Intuit’s discretion. This ensures apps continue to meet our required technical and security standards.