We do an annual review of all apps to check for compliance, based on the date apps are initially approved. Here’s how to stay compliant year-round and prepare for the annual compliance review.
- Use the QuickBooks Online Connections Report in your Intuit Developer Account to track trials and subscriptions.
- Select the Subscribe button on the QuickBooks Online Connections Report to preview the authorization flow experience. This mimics what happens after users select the Get App Now button for your app on the QuickBooks App Store.
- You can edit your app card at any time with new features or other content. Intuit will review changes within three business days. If they’re approved, we’ll automatically push the changes live.
Keep your contact info up-to-date. Your User ID is for signing in while your Email address is where we’ll send emails.
To update your contact info:
- Sign in to the Intuit Account Manager.
- Select Sign in & security.
- Update your User ID and Email address as needed.
There are three categories of issues in the technical review. Refer to technical requirements for more details about test cases for each category.
- Significant degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this type of issue within 14 days, or your app will be removed. Example test cases: 1.1, 2.3, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
- No degradation of customer experience: You must resolve this type of issue within 30 days. Example test cases: 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
- Minor UI issue: You must resolve this type of issue within 30 days. Example test cases: 1.3, 1.4*
Here’s a timeline of communications you can expect from Intuit and Intuit’s security review vendor.
- The security review starts around 11 months after your app lists on the QuickBooks App Store.
- Approximately 11 months after your app passes security review, Intuit will send you an email. This email tells you when to expect an email from our security review vendor.
- Approximately 12 months after your app passes security review, our security review vendor will send you an email. It will request you work with them to perform the security review. You’ll need to give the vendor information that lets them to test your app.
- If you don’t respond to the email from the vendor within 30 days, the vendor will send a reminder.
- If you don’t respond to the vendor’s second reminder within 14 days, Intuit will send you a notice. If you don’t respond to this notice within an additional 14 days, we will remove your app from the QuickBooks App Store.