When you list your app on the QuickBooks App Store, it needs to undergo a review. We’ll assess the quality and functionality of your app. We’ll also check if it meets our branding requirements.
The review has three parts: a technical review, a security review, and a marketing review. Your app must meet all the requirements before we can publish it on the QuickBooks App Store. If approved, you can begin your marketing campaign and announce your listing on the QuickBooks App Store. Here are tips for how to promote and market your app.
Here’s a brief overview of the review process:
Please ensure your app meets all the requirements before you submit it for review. If an app fails any stage of the review, you will need to fix any issues and resubmit the app to continue the process.
Here are typical response times for each step of the review process:
|Review step||Typical response time|
|Technical review||3 business days|
|Security review||7 business days|
|Marketing review||5 business days|
Here’s how to have a smooth review and get your app approved quickly:
- Make sure your Intuit Developer Account contact info, and especially your email address, is up-to-date.
- Be responsive to emails from the review teams.
- Set up a test environment and credentials for your app so our review team can use them to do their review.
- Submit a support ticket outlining the steps we should follow to test the data flow between your app and QuickBooks.
Here are a few other tips to keep in mind:
- Link to a video which shows how to use your app
- Link to any documentation with support information
- Provide any account credentials and keys needed to install and sign in to your app (if applicable)
- Provide a step-by-step guide on how to test the app’s integration with QuickBooks
- Any special caveats or tips to help us better understand your app
Need more help? Follow this link to open a support case.
In addition to this initial review, all apps published on the QuickBooks App Store must continue to meet these requirements.
Intuit reviews all published apps on an annual basis, or more frequently at Intuit’s discretion. This ensures apps continue to meet our required technical and security standards.